Become a volunteer today and join us in empowering our community! For more information about getting involved as a volunteer, please contact Misty at firstname.lastname@example.org or Darlene at email@example.com.
Volunteers are a vital part of the operation of Mission Marshall; we couldn’t do it without YOU!
- To show Christ’s love to our guests
- To serve guests in a consistent, organized manner and to communicate dignity and respect
- To encourage guests to connect with other Mission Marshall resources
HOSPITALITY TEAM – All Hospitality Team members work together to ensure a positive and respectful experience for guests as we meet needs and love others in Christ’s name.
- Greeter and Check-In Volunteer: Light computer use required.
- Lobby Assistant (Paperwork): Helps our guests with paperwork/order form questions, reviews paperwork for completion, and returns paperwork to designated locations.
- Lobby Assistant (Miscellaneous): Disinfects shopping carts, assists elderly/disabled guests with unloading groceries into vehicles, helps with holding door open as guests leave.
PANTRY TEAM – All Pantry Team Members work together to ensure a positive and respectful experience for guests and fellow team members as we meet needs and love others in Christ’s name.
- Shopping Assistant: Pack guest orders and deliver completed order to the guest waiting in the lobby.
- Warehouse/Stock Assistant: Organize and stock pantry shelves throughout shift and before leaving at the end of the shift. Assist with sorting and bagging produce. Needs to be able to lift 25 pounds and walk on cement floor.
- Miscellaneous: a variety of opportunities. Some opportunities allow for sitting for volunteers who can’t stand for extended period of time.
DELIVERY TEAMS – Delivery team members work together to ensure a positive and respectful experience as we meet needs and love others in Christ’s name.
- Retail Store Pick Up Teams: Pick up food items from designated retail stores on assigned day from the rotation schedule. Assist in weighing and stocking items delivered to the Food Pantry from the designated retail stores.
- East Texas Food Bank Delivery Teams: Deliveries are on the first and third Friday of each month. Unload stock from delivery pallets and place in designated areas in the warehouse. Stock pantry shelves as needed.